I seem to be on a once a month blog post kick here. Again, I haven’t really been feeling like blogging lately, but I have been staying fairly active, particularly with swimming. To recap Sept. here’s some quick hits!
- Finished TriRock San Diego sprint: This is a great race for beginners. And as my 2nd one, there wasn’t much pressure. It was my first time swimming in open water, and I was a bit nervous, but handled that part with no problem whatsoever. In fact, I was 5th in my age group coming out of the water. That made me really happy. On the bike I was just cruising, didn’t really have it in me to go fast. I got passed by a lot of people, but at this point, I didn’t really care. And of course I walked the 5k at the end. I had some issues on that (chafing) and finished about 10 min. slower than I had planned and knew that I could have done. With all of that I finished close to the bottom of my age group. Not that I cared. I still got a sweet finishers medal!
- Travel: I took 3 trips this month, 2 for work, 1 for play. 2 were to Columbus, Ohio and one was to Boise, Idaho. All were great trips and of course wreaked havoc on my workout schedules. Boise came the week after the triathlon, so while I had planned some workouts, like walking around the fun city, I didn’t do any of it. In face on 2 out of 3 of those trips I drank a bit too much But I had so much fun!
- Bought a new car! One that can carry all my stuff, including my bike. No more stuffing it into my little sedan. I got an SUV, something I’ve always wanted and was finally able to afford!
- Signed up for Masters Swimming and my first meet! I’m stoked. Ever since starting to swim again back in the spring to train for the triathlon, I have loved it. I would much rather swim than bike or walk. I didn’t sign up with a team, but am doing workouts on my own posted on the USMS website. I’m pretty self-motivated, and have found some high intensity workouts that have been great. My first meet is next weekend, my first one in 18 years! I’m pretty excited, and can’t wait to see how I do. I know I’ll be way slower than ever, but it will give me something to shoot for in my 2nd meet in November!
- Workouts: 8 (includes triathlon)
- Total Minutes: 373 (doesn’t include tri time)
- Total Miles: 8.83 (13,250 meters)
- Workouts: 3 (includes triathlon)
- Total Minutes: 44 (doesn’t include tri time)
- Total Miles: 18.5
- Workouts: 4 (includes tri)
- Total Minutes: 241 (includes overall time for tri)
- Total Miles: 8.9
- CXWorx: 1 (Core work class)
- Total Minutes: 30 min.
- Total Workouts: 16
- Total Minutes: 688
- Total Miles: 27.8
Wow, so much less than last month. Time to pick it up in October! I’ve got a 50 miler bike ride coming up in November that I have to get ready for. I don’t want to do it, but I must finish what I started!